- “Y”- How dare you? I have a “Dear Diary” kind of night with you. We have just about everything in common. We balance out each others negative qualities. You tell me about all these things you can’t wait to do with me. And you…leave me. After you made the plans… YOU. With no excuse. Not even a text. Oh. It’s your loss sweet pea. A girl like me won’t stay solo for long.
- “The Cellist”- I’m glad you’re back in my life. It’s only been what, 2 weeks? Yea. So I may have overreacted about what happened on our second date. I missed you every fucking day my shuttle went past your school and I saw all those cello players. I couldn’t listen to a single song because all of them had cellos in them.So yea we both said some things we regret. And now. We’re going to try again. But I need to be sure you’re not into me just because of my looks. So. There’s that.
- “Prince Player”- For once, I just love you. Thank you for being there for me these past few weeks. Responding to my “how I survive grad school” Snapchats. And telling me about all the stuff you miss about me. And admitting your wrongs. And being there for me on crappy Saturday nights where my latest prince won’t show up on my doorstep I think about you during those times. I’ll be looking at my Skyline remembering how you and I used to stare at the one in Chicago together. And how we’d always fight but it was just so magical when we made up ❤ And how you saved me from a lot of future heartbreaks because I know my limits.
- “Heart”- Leave me alone. I see you watching my stories, something you never do, until after I left. You had your chance. Quiet a few chances I must say. And you treated me like I was nothing special. You are a Sagittarius like me and you know that’s not okay.
- “Mr. Photography dude” and “Sidekick”- I love you both so much. Thanks for watching my back even though I’m far from you and being there to listen to my date fails. And knocking sense into my brain when I’m too blinded by feelings.
- Brother- It really bothers me that you don’t talk to me. I just went out on a date with a guy just like you. An engineer that’s also an INTJ. I talked non-stop about you. I could imagine him being your brother-in law. But it didn’t work out. Anyways. Stop ignoring me. I know we don’t agree on anything. But. You’re my bro. You were my first best friend. I know we’re both busy and have opposite schedules, but let’s Skype sometime.
- Dad- I really miss you dad. Did you hear? I met a Libra. He’s just like you. Except I know him in a romantic way, so…it’s different. And also Sagittarius’s are super compatible with Libra’s so I’m excited. Like I met a Taurus and even though we’re not compatible astrologically, we were pretty compatible. And he treated me way better than the Libra. He’s an engineer too. And he lives next to us in Houston! You would have loved him. But he left me so…I’m seeing the Libra. He’s nothing like that lovely Taurus. But I feel more like myself around him. I don’t feel high maintenance. I can dress up and he calls me beautiful a 100 times. He responds to my texts in a timely manner. I feel like the Taurus thinks I am high maintenance. And he never checks up on me. Anyways the Libra’s birthday is only 4 days from yours. I wish I could come up and surprise you, but…it’s just so hard dad. I have all these quizzes, presentations, papers, and group stuff every week. Like during undergrad, I’d have one week where I didn’t have anything. It’s not like that here. There’s always something. On the bright side, my health is very good. I’m not sure my B-12 levels are good yet because I’m still tired, but I’m okay for the most part.
Yesterday my mom told me about all these things she bought. It was all…my favorite things. I tell her it’s really funny that she is remembering me, considering when I was home for the summer, she thought I was a brat :0 And then she told me, “Remember that song? ‘Only know you love her when you let her go’?” Oh yea. I do.
I wonder how many people feel that way about me right now.